Booking Terms and Conditions
Your contract is with Karen and Steve Brown) for the properties known as Sea View and Sea Salt Hillside Villas. (19 and 66. Hillside Villas, Millendreath, Looe. Cornwall. PL13 1PE.) References to “you” or “your” are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully.
Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Making your booking When you book the Property with us you should complete the digital registration form after you have paid the Initial Deposit. Please note that the Initial Deposit is only refundable if you cancel your booking within seven days of receiving our confirmation of your booking.
By continuing, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, I will send the deposit back; this must be done within 7 days from your initial booking. Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses however suffered or incurred by you. Once the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, your booking will be binding and is subject to these terms and conditions. You agree to sign the registration. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us. You should carefully check the details of our registration document and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
2. Paying for your booking You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental and the Security Deposit at least eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date. We will send a reminder when it is due. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you. We will hold the Security bond to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. We will return the Security Bond to you within 14 days of the return of the keys, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed above. This will be refunded to the last card you paid with, unless you inform us of an alternative.
3. If you cancel or amend your booking If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must contact/telephone us as soon as possible. If you cancel your booking within seven days of the initial booking, we will refund in full the deposit of any money you have paid us. After such period, if you cancel your booking more than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we will retain the Initial Deposit and refund the balance of any money you have paid to us, less admin/card fees incurred by us. If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we reserve the right to retain the Initial Deposit and the balance. In these circumstances we will refund the balance (less any additional costs incurred) to you if we are able to secure an alternative booking for the Property.
4. If we cancel or amend your booking We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings. (Lockdown was an example of this) If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us. We will not charge admin/card fees incurred by us.
5. Your accommodation You can arrive at your accommodation after 2pm for Sea Salt and 3 pm for Sea View on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 9.30 am on the Departure Date. Key code will be emailed a week prior to the holiday. We will endeavour to inform you if the villas are ready any earlier.
6. Your obligations You agree to comply with the conditions below and any other regulations reasonably made from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party. You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, clean and in good condition. You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors, floors, windows or furnishings of the Property, nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties. You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence. You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage). This should include cover should you wish to cancel your holiday. I can then provide your insurance company with details of your booking, should you require a refund. You cannot allow more people to stay overnight in the Property, (max 4 guests) You cannot significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you. You agree dogs will not be allowed in the bedrooms or sleep on the bed. You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of emergency essential repairs.
7. Complaints Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of the end of it.
8. Our liability Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to £500 and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
9. Law The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales